Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

  1. #31
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    Without some of that Top 40 help, some kids would never hear them. Plus, with the exposure it helps put a little change in their pockets. And honestly most people don't care about substance, they just want to listen to the music and don't care what is being said.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    That's all good if that's what ya like I reckon...but I stand by my original statement. One thing to realize tho when these music arguments arise...Ask yourself, what genre from the 70's, 80's and 90's do you hear the most on today's radio stations....it ain't rap, soul, pop, country......it's rock. Deep Purple, Zeppelin, Floyd, GNR, ACDC....not Debbie Gibson, Public Enemy, Lionel Richie, Glen Campbell...and definately not Tuff Enuff, Nelson, and the rest of the bands that came along in the 80's riding the coattails of heavy metal trying to get rich quick. So, maybe top 40 is what some bands look for..and most of the music on the charts have no substance and ends up like most of the fore mentioned bands. Whatever floats ur boat I guess.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #33
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They made the decision and when this "nu-metal" wave finally dies, they'll be about as important as Limp Bizkit or Nelson. </div></div>

    People have been saying that about "nu-metal" for about 12 years (2006 Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat - Slipknot). That's where it started in my opinion.

    Keep waiting for "nu-metal" to die. Granted, there's crappy nu-metal like Limp Bizkit & Linkin Park, but they had their own beginnings and were good for what they were before record companies toned them down. Thank God that Slipknot didn't get watered down, they just matured musically. RoadRunner Records has a lot to do with keeping their sound relatively raw, but giving them creative control to keep growing in their sound...as they do a lot of other bands.

    However--bringing nu-metal in this discussion is stupid--BB/3DG/Seether/Hurt are NOWHERE near nu-metal. They're rock/alt-rock.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of these bands had a decent start...and then they went the direction of Nickelback and every other band of <u>top 40 posers</u>.</div></div>

    Agreed--Nickelback is a prime example of Top 40 going to a band's head and their creative process just breaking down from there.

    But I keep hearing the above underlined..."top 40 posers". Just because a band's song gets some widespread appeal doesn't mean that they're entire volume is top 40 stuff...take Stone Sour for instance. Top 40 radio played Through Glass & Bother to death, and that's how a lot of people heard of them. If I hear someone say "I love Stone Sour" and it's immediately followed by "Through Glass & Bother are great songs"...then I know they don't truly get what they are as a band, because stuff like 30/30-150, Cardiff, Come What(ever) May, Hell & Consequences, Your God, and Made of Scars are likely not their speed. Those first two songs that got Top 40 play got them known, but the songs I just named off there are truly what they are as a band. I like those two songs Through Glass & Bother, but they're not close to being the best songs that Stone Sour has (though, Bother's a great song on its' own).

    Just because you have some Top 40 play doesn't make you a poser or mean that you sold out. It means one or more of your songs had widespread acclaim, and it gives you exposure to let people see what you're truly all about. You can go the route of a Nickelback and stay there and reap the benefits of top 40 hits but lose your true musical nature, or you can use the top 40 ala Stone Sour to catapult your name into mainstream consciousness w/some music that is a tad more friendly and then hit them with what you really are...and then you've got control--the fan can take it or leave it.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    Dude, Korn is where Numetal started...and where it should have ended. Korn was great..not they're just a shell of their former selves as well. Slipknot is and always has been overrated. I have nothing against a band havin a hit...but I do have something against a band they just tries to capitalize on the popularity of a genre by conforming to it...which is what these bands have done.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #35
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    Oh yeah, I definately understand what you are saying. I bet my Mom still jams out to Debbie Gibson and Lionel Richie [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] She loved some 80's music.

    It is funny because a lot of the bands that I have seen you, Lung, and others mention I have never heard of. Call me a homer or whatever but like I said if they don't go mainstream you don't hear about them unless it is by a friend.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #36
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    I had Korns first album in 8th grade, Im 28 now. It was in my opinion an amazing album, since that they are the epitimy (sp) of sell out, they carry that banner higher than Metallica in my opinion. The nu-metal lump began with the Korn era, Limp Bizkit, and sadly the Deftones get lumped in there. The Deftones are a great band. Granted people can like what they like, it doesnt stop people from commenting on it, which I think is a good thing. I liked the first couple Slipknot records (MFKR is with Corey I dont really consider it a real Knot album) IOWA was a pretty good album, to me it doesnt even begin to reach the level of bands that have been mentioned.

    There is just some things that are what they are. I always considered Nirvana a punk band, not a hardcore punk band, but a punk band none the less.

    90% of whats played on the radio is trash in my opinion.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  7. #37
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    Way I see it, music as a whole, no matter what genre, is up for everyone's personal taste. I'm not going to not like something just because Lung, yb, sup, or knight67 don't like it. We've all got different tastes. I don't like everything that they like, and vice versa--but we all have similar yet different tastes. That's what's great about it.

    My main reason for going to this concert is Hurt, I wasn't too up for it when it was just the other 3 bands...but the day I heard Hurt was added to the ticket, I went and bought my tix. Concerts are usually fun to go to in general, and I like some of the stuff BB & 3DG do...not big on Seether as I said. However--I'll likely be pumped for Hurt and really dig their set--but as long as the other 3 put on a solid show and I'm entertained--it was worth it.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #38
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    IMO, Korn's 1st 2 albums still rock...the rest not so much tho. And, yeah, the Deftones are awesome IMO as well.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    my only problem is with people labeling the bands in this concert as anything but pop.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #40
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biggin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my only problem is with people labeling the bands in this concert as anything but pop.

    </div></div>

    Apparently you've not heard any Hurt yet.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •